Breadcrumbs

M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE

• Scott Engelhart
  • Topic Author
12 Jul 2018 18:23 #1 by Scott Engelhart
Replied by Scott Engelhart on topic M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE
Again, thanks for the response, good to know they were readily available. Any info though on part number or what source would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2018 18:21 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE
My MC had a crack around a fitting and required some pretty specific fixing. My A&P sourced the O rings but they were readily available. Braking on an M10is not it's strong suit. I can slide my tires on pavement but it still doesn't slow as rapidly as I would like. Since I take off on pavement and land on grass, I don't work the brakes very hard, many times landing with no braking at all.

• Scott Engelhart
  • Topic Author
11 Jul 2018 18:15 #3 by Scott Engelhart
Replied by Scott Engelhart on topic M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE
Gordie, THANK YOU for your response. I too spoke to Vernon (what a nice guy). Where did you source the O rings that you used? Did you work on the MC because of the parking brake issue or did you also want better braking?

More
11 Jul 2018 17:15 #4 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE
We replaced all the O rings in mine and the parking brake still never worked but the toe brakes are fine. I spoke to Vernon Gregory and he says he has several BUT none of them has a parking brake that works. This annual I plane on installing a separate brake actuator to enable the parking brake as it's a pain to always find a level place to park or fuel.

• Scott Engelhart
  • Topic Author
09 Jul 2018 18:22 #5 by Scott Engelhart
M10 MASTER CYL REBUILD/UPGRADE was created by Scott Engelhart
I'm interested if any M10 owner has rebuilt their master cylinder or if there is an updated or better replacement? I can go into more detail but thought I'd just post the question.

Thanks!
Scott

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds