Breadcrumbs

propeller index

• Henry Pasquet
30 Aug 2017 17:36 #1 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic propeller index
Before electric starters, the props were set at 10:30 facing it so that it could be hand propped. That is how mine are set now. That is between compression strokes, where the prop stops naturally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fred egge
30 Aug 2017 16:55 #2 by fred egge
Replied by fred egge on topic propeller index
After digging into a vibration issue we have on a newly purchased Ercoupe 415 with a C85 we found that the prop is indexed at the 9-3 o-clock in the TDC position so it needs to change.
The Ercoupe manual states the prop should be about 45 degrees Right of vertical when in the BDC position (which is 180 off the TDC so its just another way of stating it I guess) but does not state if this is from cockpit view or standing in front of the plane looking back.

This would coincide with the 10 (or 11-oclock) position if you were in the cockpit. We obviously can go either up or down the 60 degrees from where it is, but would like to find some actual reference. Is there some place I can find this documented? (better than the Ercoupe service manual)

Please help....we are trying to re assemble tomorrow and get it right the first time.

More
01 Sep 2016 17:33 #3 by Lynn Nelsen AP/IA
Replied by Lynn Nelsen AP/IA on topic propeller index
Put #1 cylinder at top dead center, then place the prop at approximately the 10 O'clock position.

• cubangyro
  • Topic Author
18 Jul 2016 23:12 #4 by cubangyro
propeller index was created by cubangyro
Does any body know the proper wayn to index a Mccauly propeller in an c75 in an Ercoupe?

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds