Breadcrumbs

GPS verification of indicated airspeed spreadsheet program?

More
14 Nov 2017 12:35 - 14 Nov 2017 12:39 #1 by Larry Snyder
Here is the true speed calculating spreadsheet in OpenOffice format. I can understand not having Excel, since Microsoft charges a lot for it, but OpenOffice is free! If you want to use this spreadsheet and don't have OpenOffice, just google it and download it!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Nov 2017 12:39 by Larry Snyder. Reason: Adding attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 10:07 #2 by Larry Snyder
Yeah, I double checked and found the 4-year requirement. No problem. I just do it, fill out the spreadsheet, and then print it out and sign and date it, and then store it in my logbook folder. I just show it to the IA doing my annual and he logs that all ADs are C/W.

This is really annoying! Now we have ADs required every 100 hours, every annual, every 3 years, and every 4 years. It is getting increasingly difficult to stay legal!

• Bud Bornemann
12 Oct 2017 11:56 #3 by Bud Bornemann
Larry. Di not have Microsoft Office so can not open your file.

More
10 Oct 2017 00:47 - 10 Oct 2017 00:55 #4 by Edward Moore
Larry:

I just completed a detailed experience I had with the FAA ACO re AC23-8C, etc but I apparently took too long and it failed to transmit to you/page.

I'll just be succinct and suggest you check AD2012-18-06 (g) paragraph 8 viz-a-viz your "one time requirement", respectfully.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 00:55 by Edward Moore.

More
09 Oct 2017 10:05 #5 by Larry Snyder
On that spreadsheet, you fly in three directions 120 degrees apart and record the ground speed from the GPS in each direction. You enter the numbers in the top 6 cells. There are three sheets in the workbook, for three different speeds.

More
09 Oct 2017 10:03 #6 by Larry Snyder
I am attaching an Excel spreadsheet that implements that program. I used it to pass the one-time airspeed regulation as part o the aileron/airspeed AD that came out a few years ago.

Larry
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds