Breadcrumbs

Ventilation

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
13 Jul 2018 13:12 - 16 Jul 2018 10:34 #1 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Ventilation
I checked the air blast in flight today with a Kestrel wind meter. It showed 7.5 MPH just under the instrument panel by the throttle at 80 on climb. The meter quit before I could check it at 105 IAS, but figure it was about 10-12 MPH, significantly stronger. That is a lot of air flow. Not only is it a cool breeze, but the hot air is rapidly replaced with cool. Add the 3.5 degrees cooler per 1000 feet, and it is over 10 degrees cooler at 3000 cruise altitude. It is nice to be rid of the greenhouse effect. I only got hot after landing with the canopy open.
UPDATE: Today( Monday) at 105 IAS, the Kestrel showed 10.5 MPH. Cooler in the summer, and it will also pull more warm air into the cockpit in the winter.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2018 10:34 by Henry Pasquet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
07 Jul 2018 11:41 - 07 Jul 2018 12:08 #2 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Ventilation
I just added a picture of the vents on the right side.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 12:08 by Henry Pasquet.

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
19 Jun 2018 10:39 - 07 Jul 2018 11:39 #3 by Henry Pasquet
Ventilation was created by Henry Pasquet
On my just completed annual, I had my mechanic install four Snapvents below the fuselage on four inspection panels aimed rearward to suck air out of the cockpit . I got a strong blast of air from the fresh air vent. It is now cooler with the canopy closed, and should be warmer in the winter. They could be replaced with the old ones in minutes any time it may be desirable. Packing air into the cockpit without letting it flow through does little good. Don't ask for pictures. I am old. I have an Alon, but this should help all models.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 11:39 by Henry Pasquet.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds