Breadcrumbs

Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe?

More
08 Apr 2017 07:24 #7 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe?
Hi John,

What serial number is your 41 and where are you? I have serial number 38.

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wolf Emonds
18 Jan 2017 12:06 #8 by Wolf Emonds
Replied by Wolf Emonds on topic Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe?
You can roll the ashes up in a flag and then let go of the roll but hang onto the leading edge of the flag. A piece of cordage tied through a grommet or two on the flag and then bound to your wrist works well to prevent accidentally dropping it. In the slipstream the flag unrolls and poof out goes the contents. It works but in My ercoupe it leaves behind a dusting of ash along the aft fuselage and leading edges of the horizontal stabilizer and vertical stab/rudder. Since ashes are not really ashes but rather ground up bone this can be rather abrasive to your poor little coupe. Now I'm building an air cannon that will sit in the baggage compartment and launch the bone chips out via a longer pipe sticking out of the open cockpit of my coupe.

• John Ayres
11 Jan 2017 23:08 #9 by John Ayres
Replied by John Ayres on topic Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe?
This is my first message as I just bought my 1941 and have not even flown it yet. I have scattered hundreds of cremains over the last 30 years. Most were from a Cessna 172, some from a Cherokee six and lots from a 180. The best way is to just hang it on the propeller, as slow as you can go and get both arms out the window. I always placed them in a paper bag so I could break it open and let them flow out. You will sometimes get some back in the plane if your arms are not far enough out.

More
27 Feb 2016 13:03 #10 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe?
PBGilman N94087 my first flight instructor used to spread ashes at sea for a mortuary..He used a Grumman Tiger to do the distribution..He said he got a bath in ashes the first few attempts..
I suggest you do some trial runs with something like cornflakes to sharpen your skills..
Good Luck..

More
27 Feb 2016 11:39 #11 by Larry Snyder
Anyone Spread Ashes with an Ercoupe? was created by Larry Snyder
OK, this is kind of weird, but someone called and asked me about spreading the ashes of a deceased loved one from an Ercoupe. He says he did it a long time ago, but would like to see if anyone has figured out a technique for doing it properly. Interesting question!

Larry
N99340

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds