Breadcrumbs

Oil Filter Mod

• Chris Carlisle
  • Topic Author
07 Mar 2017 16:51 #1 by Chris Carlisle
Replied by Chris Carlisle on topic Oil Filter Mod
Also.......So sorry to hear about your fire Larry. That had to be devastating! Condolences and I'm sure the folks here will understand if your deadlines and obligations to the group are not as timely as usual. Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Carlisle
  • Topic Author
07 Mar 2017 16:47 #2 by Chris Carlisle
Replied by Chris Carlisle on topic Oil Filter Mod
LOL...Thanks Larry. There are so many little things that turn up on these planes that were a 'brilliant idea' at one time and turn out to be pretty worthless in the long run and as you mentioned, illegal if some FAA dude were to get picky. I'll have to agree that it doesn't make any difference. I took them off and the oil temp will still not come up off the peg in cold weather here in South Dakota. I think I'll just leave them off and press on.

So, what are the 2 holes in your chin cowling hooked to or are they just left open to vent into the engine compartment?

Thanks,
Chris

More
06 Mar 2017 17:21 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Oil Filter Mod
The cooling fins that wrap onto the oil filter are a non-approved modification and technically not legal. They don't really work, either!

• Chris Carlisle
  • Topic Author
19 Feb 2017 17:32 #4 by Chris Carlisle
Oil Filter Mod was created by Chris Carlisle
For those of you who have the oil filter mod for the C85, do you have direct cooling air to it? Mine came with the cooling fins that wrap around the filter along with a nozzle to hook up a cooling hose that draws air presumably from the little hole on the left chin cowling via orange tubing. The orange tubing is missing in mine so that that hole just blindly leads into the engine compartment. Especially in the summer, it would seem logical to connect the correct diameter hose to the nozzle on the cooling fins. Does anyone else have this configuration?

Thanks,
Chris
Sioux Falls, SD
415C, SN 508

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds