Breadcrumbs

Paint Stripper

• Jack Arthur
  • Topic Author
03 Jul 2017 09:43 #1 by Jack Arthur
Replied by Jack Arthur on topic Paint Stripper
thanks for the input. Hadn't started on it but hopefully before the end of the week. I hope to get the wings, elevator and rudder before fall. then next summer the fuselage. Lofty goal is to have it flying for the 2019 convention in Knoxville Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lowell Sterchi
30 Jun 2017 11:14 #2 by Lowell Sterchi
Replied by Lowell Sterchi on topic Paint Stripper
There is a stripper at Walmart store that I've used for epoxie etc. It has a picture
of an airplane on the label and is in a quart size. Very HOT stuff. I thank it is blue
and white in color.

More
29 Jun 2017 06:52 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Paint Stripper
Jack, How is the project going? What stripper did you settle on? Warren/ Escondido, Ca

• Jack Arthur
  • Topic Author
17 Apr 2017 10:26 #4 by Jack Arthur
Paint Stripper was created by Jack Arthur
Good morning all, I am getting ready to start restoring the 4 seat Alon, and was wondering what kind of paint stripper you have used on Lacquer? I believe the Alon was painted in the 80's with lacquer and needless to say, it was zinc chrome mated before it was painted but the chrome mate did not have any tooth and it is peeling.
So if anyone has any suggestions on what paint stripper works the best let me know. I hope to start this in June and my lofty goal is have it flying in two years when I can retire YEA.

Jack

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds