Breadcrumbs

Removing rudder peddles. Log entry or more needed?

More
22 May 2017 18:43 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Removing rudder peddles. Log entry or more needed?
A 337 is for a major repair or alteration. Putting the airplane in an approved factory configuration is neither. Log book entry will do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
  • Topic Author
22 May 2017 18:39 - 22 May 2017 19:59 #2 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
Replied by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN on topic Removing rudder peddles. Log entry or more needed?
Kevin, I am new to looking up this kind of stuff, I found the TCDS on the FAA website but could not find item 403. I need to show this to my A&P who thinks I need to do much more than just a log book entry. What you are saying makes perfect sense but I need to prove it to him. Thanks
UPDATE: disregard the above question, I found item 403
Last edit: 22 May 2017 19:59 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN.

More
22 May 2017 14:03 - 22 May 2017 14:06 #3 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic Removing rudder peddles. Log entry or more needed?
These were just an option and as such can be added or removed per the TCDS item 403. I know of no STC for them since they were a factory option. The design is such that they easily remove. The cables are extensions that are removed and the cables reattached to the mixer. Remove the kick panel and install a flat one and done. Do a log book entry. Leave the brackets and pulleys on the spar and if you want to later you can reinstall.

Kevin
Last edit: 22 May 2017 14:06 by Kevin Gassert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN

• MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
  • Topic Author
21 May 2017 21:20 #4 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
Removing rudder peddles. Log entry or more needed? was created by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
Decided to fly my coupe the way Fred designed it. No rudder peddles. I am getting mixed messages regarding what paper work should be done. Can anyone help? I can't imagine I am the first one to do this. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds