Breadcrumbs

Weight and balance graphs for the 1946C Ercoupe

More
05 Apr 2020 21:37 #1 by Robert Regester
Replied by Robert Regester on topic Weight and balance graphs for the 1946C Ercoupe

Thomas Ryan wrote: okay I get it, but i don't see it? Is there a graph showing the place the weight and balance should be calculated. I know its behind the datum line by 26 to 30 but isn't there a graph to use to show just where that is or someway of doing the math? i just purchased a 415C, I'd like to do a weight and balance on it and see if I fall within the graph lines but, I don't have a graph, is there one, if yes, where, how do I download it.

Simplest graph ever. Basically a rectangle. No matter how much you put in the seats it stays within CG. What you put behind the seats will be the only thing that can put you out of the envelope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2020 23:08 - 15 Mar 2020 23:09 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Weight and balance graphs for the 1946C Ercoupe
www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handboo...general_handbook.pdf chapter 6,

www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handboo...dia/FAA-H-8083-1.pdf chapter 3

The plane should be defueled, full oil, place it on jacks and level it, measure each wheel from the datum, note the distance and amount on the scale,
weight x arm =moment,
I had 44 on the main and -16 on the nose,
add all the weights, add all the moments, divide the moments by weight for CG
Don't forget to check and update your equipment list.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
Last edit: 15 Mar 2020 23:09 by Matt Gunsch.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:39 #3 by Thomas Ryan
okay I get it, but i don't see it? Is there a graph showing the place the weight and balance should be calculated. I know its behind the datum line by 26 to 30 but isn't there a graph to use to show just where that is or someway of doing the math? i just purchased a 415C, I'd like to do a weight and balance on it and see if I fall within the graph lines but, I don't have a graph, is there one, if yes, where, how do I download it.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds