Breadcrumbs

Air Intake Pics Wanted

More
22 Aug 2018 10:17 - 23 Aug 2018 09:55 #1622 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
I don't think that it spreads when full open, but I lost half of my rate of climb and 5-10 MPH at cruise. I will not go that route. The Snap Vents allow the air exit the cockpit without building up pressure and stopping the air flow. The fresh air can't get in if it can't get out, regardless of how many intakes there are.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2018 09:55 by Henry Pasquet. Reason: addition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2018 10:12 #1621 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
Mine is 40 numbers after yours so they must have changed the ducting later in the production run. I noticed the lifting and spreading of the canopy at the rear corners and would prefer to keep it latched. Do you know if it does the same thing if fully opened? I haven't tried that yet (new owner).

More
22 Aug 2018 07:08 #1620 by Henry Pasquet
6505Q. I have no air intakes on my wings. I did the canopy unlatched for airflow, but lost climb and cruise airspeed. It was noisy and tended to spread the canopy, making it harder to latch. I do not recommend the unlatched canopy.

More
21 Aug 2018 21:41 #1619 by John Jones
just curious, what is your serial number? It seems as if the later models had an auxiliary intake on the wing(s) with separate ducting. I've found that if I don't latch the rear of the canopy the airflow is markedly increased (but keep below the 100 mph "open" limitation).

More
19 Aug 2018 20:33 #1618 by Henry Pasquet
From the firewall. The side vents are for the salesman to sell airplanes, not for pilot comfort. Almost all the air comes from the firewall and blows directly on your lap. At 10.5 MPH, the cockpit air is being rapidly replaced. The Snap Vents will also pull hot air into the cockpit in the winter.

More
19 Aug 2018 16:10 #1617 by John Jones
Thanks, I saw that information in the general section. Do the supply tubes for your side vents connect to the mixer box on the firewall that is fed from the nose scat tube or from a separate intake on the wing?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds