Breadcrumbs

INSTRUMENTS

More
11 Dec 2017 20:05 - 11 Dec 2017 20:13 #1 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic INSTRUMENTS
My vacuum pump died in the air in my Mooney M-10. I was in nice weather and VFR but could imagine being in less than perfect weather or at night and having that happen. I made the decision to replace all the vacuum instruments and remove the vacuum system. I installed two Garmin G5s, one as artificial horizon and the second as HSI. The G5 is a full EFIS that gives all primary flight information: artificial horizon, Yaw ball, airspeed, ground speed, altitude, rate of climb, but is only "certified" as the horizon. It also has altitude bug and the HSI has a heading bug. If you have a Garmin 430 or 650, you can hook the ILS stuff to it also. There is a picture in the M-10 section here under "Fuel Gauges" that shows the panel powered up.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2017 20:13 by Gordie Meade. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Arthur
  • Topic Author
11 Dec 2017 11:17 #2 by Jack Arthur
INSTRUMENTS was created by Jack Arthur
Good morning all, I am getting ready to start on rebuilding the panel in the 4 seat Alon. I am torn between using electric artificial horizon and directional gyro, or going with vacuum.
I will have to purchase a new vacuum pump if I go that way. I have a new AH but not a DG. Used electric run about $1100.00 each.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am leaning toward going all electric.

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds