Breadcrumbs

Removing rudder pedals

More
30 May 2020 21:44 #1 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Removing rudder pedals
I just reinstalled a set of pedals that the previous owner had removed. If they are installed properly, you can just remove the rudder pedal extension control cables and re-attach the original rudder cables to the mixer mast with a turn buckle clevis. Dismount the rudder pedals from the floor board and you are done, except for re-rigging adjustments.

Did you want a foot brake?The more troublesome part will depend on how they dealt with the brake pedal when they installed the rudder pedals. They are both trying to occupy the same space. If they just cut the brake pedal off as recommended, you may need to buy a new pedal arm, or you can just rely on the hand brake. On my installation, the installer had reshaped the brake pedal to get enough clearance to get the brake pedal and rudder pedals both installed. The brake pedal kind of sits in the middle of the right rudder pedal, but I can still get my foot around it. I like having my foot on the brake, the hand brake just feels kind of ..... flimsy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Morris Pearson
  • Topic Author
30 May 2020 10:56 #2 by Morris Pearson
Removing rudder pedals was created by Morris Pearson
Looking into buying a 415C or D but it has rudder pedals that I can not use. Anyone removed a set of rudder pedals and if so how big of a job and what is involved in doing so?

Thanks,
Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds