Breadcrumbs

How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?

More
08 May 2020 11:49 #19 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
My Alon comes in at a svelte 984.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2020 22:06 #20 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Well the Alons are heavier but have a gross weight of 1450. The empty weight on my Alon is 988.

• Ted Dake
07 May 2020 20:43 #21 by Ted Dake
Replied by Ted Dake on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Hi Michael, welcome to EOC, but I too am just a very new member and owner of a Completely restored 1946 415 C model that was pretty much bare bones original equipment, however it did have a Trig radio and Trig Transponder with original instruments. The radio and transponder probably weighed LESS than one pound, but the old 1946 instrument package weighed estimated +8 lbs. I replaced them with all newer models which weighed MUCH less and kept the old instruments as desk paperweights. The empty weight on my W&B was 877 lbs and the Max Gross Weight was listed as 1260 lbs. No rudder pedals. Needless to say, I purchased the additional GW STC to get increased weight allowed up to 1320 lbs. My aircraft was fully painted exterior with Jet Glow paint AND all the interior surfaces fully painted with anti corrosion Self etching silver colored primer. The engine is a C85 with an STC for installed O-200 crank (225 hrs since owner complete rebuild with all UNIVAIR new parts kit). I have added super sound proofing, leather interior, Carb Air Temp gage and ADS-B in and out. The current GW is 901 lbs with a useful load of 419 lbs. Good luck with “knocking the Rust Off” the flying skills. You will find the Ercoupe a “piece of cake” and great fun airplane. Cheers, Ted Dake, LSA/Com SEL/MEL/Instr

More
07 May 2020 19:23 #22 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Looks nice, can't do it, I'm wearing your instrument panel around my waist.

• Lawson Laslo
07 May 2020 19:02 #23 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Mine weighs 933
We have more equipment and instruments than most Ercoupe’s (as seen in cockpit photo) and have the O-200 upgrade
Attachments:

More
07 May 2020 18:47 #24 by Michael Hainen
How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH? was created by Michael Hainen
Hello all, just purchased a 1946 415C Ercoupe. I won't see it for a month or two with this Covid stuff. I have beat up all the
Wikipedia files and understand all the variants of Ercoupe, Sanders, Forney, Alon, Mooney, C75, C85, C90, O-200 etc.
I have seen weights all the way from 750 lbs to 939 lbs. Well like most of us that age, we pack on a few pounds.
So I am curious, how much does your coupe weigh?

Mine is a plain, no paint, C75, no rudder pedals, no radios 415C. How much should it weigh? As I said, I don't have the logs yet,
don't have the weight and balance info yet. Mine should have a gross of 1260 but am considering getting the increased gross weight
STC to 1320 next annual inspection for more useful load. Keeping it LSA.

Rustypilot
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds