Breadcrumbs

Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe.

More
27 Aug 2020 07:33 #7 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe.
Just for info, I'm 6'1" and 268. Last month I picked up my LSA 1946 75hp metal wing 415c old and high time, hot weather 80-90 degrees. Flew it from Laconia NH to Traverse City MI, 1000 sm. No problems. Had a 25lb bag, 2lb 1man tent, 2lb sleeping bag and 3qts of oil, Trip went without a hitch. Density altitude many times ranged from 2000' to 3500' flew along windows open at 4500msl. Started with half fuel and inched up 2gallons at a time to get feel for plane. Used airports with 3000' + runways. Great way to celebrate a 66th birthday and flying it twice week now since arriving home. Do your homework and then go for it, I'm very glad I did, Nice way to come back after 23 years away from flying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2020 14:30 #8 by John Earl
Replied by John Earl on topic Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe.
Thanks, Randy and John.

I have not thought of contacting the local owners directly. That is a good idea.

• Randy Hirsch AP
25 Aug 2020 09:04 #9 by Randy Hirsch AP
Replied by Randy Hirsch AP on topic Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe.
6"1" 200lbs, no trouble in an E model. With the canopy closed in a light cop you will probably bounce the headset off the plexiglass a few times, I know I do. Most flights are windows down so no trouble.

More
25 Aug 2020 08:19 #10 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe.
John-I too am 6' and now thanks to covid a bit over 180 lbs. I also have a long torso with 30" inseam. I did the same as you want to and found a plane to sit in first to see if I fit. What I did was go through the FAA registry and mail a blind letter to owners with an address in the local area. That's how I found the one I sat in. I test sat in a 415C but purchased an Alon. Width is fine unless you want to fly with a linebacker. Sitting height is OK but tight if you sit bolt upright. Good luck with your quest. John

More
23 Aug 2020 16:59 #11 by John Earl
Show me your Boise, ID area Ercoupe. was created by John Earl
I am looking for someone to show me their Ercoupe in the Boise area. I am not looking for a flight. I have never seen one in person. I would like to talk to someone in the area about how it works for them, look at the airplane, and sit in it, if possible. I am about 6 feet tall and 175 lbs so I am concerned about the cockpit height and width. I am also concerned about the performance in this part of Idaho. It is high and sometimes hot here.

I do not have an Ercoupe but I am interested in purchasing one based on the specifications. I am attracted to the open or closed cockpit, safe flight characteristics, and economy. I also like the looks. I am not currently flying but have 500 hours in a 172. All of my time is flying in Alaska usually from gravel strips and sometimes frozen lakes and beaches. I am retired and would like to find a good airplane to enjoy, now that I have more time.

Please let me know if you, or someone you know, could help me with my quest.

Thanks!

John Earl
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds