Breadcrumbs

Lap Belt Attachment

More
25 Feb 2017 23:20 #1 by John Phillips
Replied by John Phillips on topic Lap Belt Attachment
Thank you Ronald Raty. That is the exact thing I was describing. That main drawings archive will be invaluable.
It obviously is not a field mod by someone. Genuine ERCO.
Cheers,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2017 13:17 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Lap Belt Attachment
Are you referring to part 415-53029? It is part of the set of original drawings, dated 1939. You can view those drawings here: www.ercoupe.info/?n=Main.Drawings
Part 415-53029 is drawing A-612. It is also shown in the seat assembly 415-53016, drawing A-668.
My seatbelts (SN1069) are anchored using this part and as you describe. If your seatbelt is anchored in some other manner, I suspect your mounting may be the modification.

More
22 Feb 2017 22:43 #3 by John Phillips
Lap Belt Attachment was created by John Phillips
Does anyone have any information on a lap belt reinforcement that looks like a modification but is not covered in the Univair parts book nor have I seen mention of it in all my readings. It is a triangular shaped aluminum plate with a lightening hole that has two of the corners connected to the lap belt loop fittings. The remaining point on the triangle has a rod that extends rearward an passes thru bulkhead E and is anchored to it.
It would appear the mod is an attempt to preclude any possibility of the lap belts to pull out of bulkhead D.
One of the two triangle plates is under the battery box. The second one is a duplicate behind the pilot's seat.
It is on a 415C sn 4375.
Maybe a Forney or Alon had this mod ?
John Phillips

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds