Breadcrumbs

Fuel Caps

• Steve McNew
20 Feb 2017 15:20 #1 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Fuel Caps
True; mine has the tube sticking up right through the middle of an otherwise normal gas tank cap. I should have mentioned that. Thanks - Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Treat
20 Feb 2017 13:03 #2 by Tim Treat
Replied by Tim Treat on topic Fuel Caps
The header tank should have a visible float mechanism, not a fuel cap.

• Steve McNew
20 Feb 2017 12:38 #3 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Fuel Caps
Definitely ok on my 'coupe! It is supposedly impossible to get them on backwards, but - - - Just make sure that the hole is facing forward on all 3 caps. Without forcing them, they should go. And, learned by sad experience, don't fill the tanks right to the tops. (wings only; the fuselage tank fills via a pump from the wings) If overfilled, they will spew gas all over the place if you turn even a little bit. Mine get fuel only to an inch below the top - a fingertip plus a bit - and no problem. Heck. Leaned a little, and ridden not too hard, I get about 3.8 gph or less, flying alone. Nice! have fun!

More
19 Feb 2017 16:05 - 21 Feb 2017 07:16 #4 by George Sellers
Fuel Caps was created by George Sellers
Please help me out!! I own a 1946 415-C Ercoupe (recently purchased). The fuel caps on the wings are vented, but the 5 gallon header tank fuel cap in not vented. Recently, a mechanic gave me a fuel cap from an Ercoupe that was for a 6 gallon tank and that cap is vented. Is it ok to use a vented fuel cap on the header tank?

Here is a good document that has relevant information about the Ercoupe fuel systems. The last page summarizes all the different fuel system, etc. This was sent to me by Joe Chadwick.
www.univair.com/content/ERC_SB-33A.pdf

Thanks--George
Last edit: 21 Feb 2017 07:16 by George Sellers. Reason: Recent document about the fuel systems located

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds