Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification

More
04 Sep 2021 07:11 #1 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification
I bought Gary's brake pedal kit a year ago or so , the quality of the unit was OUTSTANDING . . . . works beautifully . My shop had very positive comments

Bill James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2021 01:17 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification
I have only flown one 415 with rudder pedals but I have flown Alon with them and truthfully the 415s are better flown two control. there is my 2 cents. I removed my E's with them in It.

More
30 Aug 2021 12:50 #3 by Gary Hays
Replied by Gary Hays on topic Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification
Just a note to add to this topic:  be careful of drilling your original pedal arm, because it may weaken it.  In my original ad, I neglected to mention that I charge $200 plus shipping to club members for my modification.  If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 928-771-9640.

More
25 Aug 2021 11:54 #4 by Randy Hirsch
Replied by Randy Hirsch on topic Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification
To be fair I think mods to brake pedals have been around as long as rudder pedal kits. This was the way N2181H came. 

Attachments:

More
23 Aug 2021 14:55 - 23 Aug 2021 14:56 #5 by Gene Bunt
Replied by Gene Bunt on topic Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification
The EOC does not support this modification, Any use of this modification will be between the buyer and the buyer's A&P mechanic. If this does have an STC then the seller should state such.   Gene Bunt

Last edit: 23 Aug 2021 14:56 by Gene Bunt.

More
23 Aug 2021 14:33 #6 by Gary Hays
Ercoupe Brake Pedal Modification was created by Gary Hays
I designed this brake pedal modification for my 415-C Ercoupe with after-market rudder pedals, but it will work as the original pedal does, by reversing the heel pad.  I came up with the idea because I wasn't happy with the parking brake cable as the only brake.  This attaches directly to the master cylinder, using your original hardware.  It is made of 6061-T6 aluminum, and weighs 6 ounces.  That is 2.6 ounces heavier than the original, but it is much stronger.  Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds