Breadcrumbs

Stratux ADS-B in

More
09 Nov 2022 14:58 #1 by John Recine
Replied by John Recine on topic Stratux ADS-B in
Tedd I’m
Still interested, does your unit have the built in GPS and AHRS or are those things I’ll need to add to the unit is the raspberry the Pi-3 model and architecture?

Thanks for your
Time in answering my questions I just have no desire to waste your time.

Please advise when you have an opportunity e mail would work just fine to jnrecine@ gmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2022 02:00 #2 by Tad Daughters
Replied by Tad Daughters on topic Stratux ADS-B in
Hi, John -

Yes it is still available. I removed it from service because I got a SkySensor to match my SkyBeacon. It is a totally independent "ADS-B in" unit based on the Raspberry Pi miniature computer. I used it with a Samsung tablet (refurbished on eBay) and AvAre - A free downloadable EFB.
There is an article from EAA here:
www.eaa.org/en/eaa/news-and-publications...ource-ads-b-receiver

I am not familiar with "pm" - can you expand what you mean?

Tad

More
05 Nov 2022 11:21 #3 by John Recine
I’m interested, please contact me on pm to discuss availability along with other questions

thanks
john

More
04 Nov 2022 21:56 #4 by John Recine
Is te unit still available? I may be interested after I speak to my AandP about it and how it fits in with the rest of my cobbled together avionics package.

Please provide as much information as possible to allow for a good decision. Why did you take it out of service?

Thanks
John

More
02 Sep 2022 18:23 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Stratux ADS-B in
I have had one for several years. I have GPS, AHRS, traffic and weather on my iPad thanks to Stratux. They work great! Just make you turn it on after engine start and off before engine shutdown. But if it gets messed up it’s no big deal to reflash the SD, since the software is public domain. Love it. If you do t have ADS-B in, this is a good solution!

More
02 Sep 2022 17:39 #6 by Tad Daughters
Stratux ADS-B in was created by Tad Daughters
I have a Stratux ADS-B in unit that I removed from service when I replaced it with a uAvionix SkySensor to match the SkyBeacon.

It shows the weather and traffic on a tablet.  I use Avare EFB (Android beggar ware - free download but they do ask for a donation) on a Samsung tablet.

Asking $125 or BO by 9-15-2022.

Tad Daughters
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Cell: 510.207.0092
Sun City, AZ (Near Phoenix)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds