Breadcrumbs

You don't need to order CD to get all of an aircrafts records

More
13 Aug 2023 19:14 #13 by David Hetrick
I read your post and have tried feverishly to find the area on the FAA website to download records and cannot find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
13 Aug 2023 18:55 #14 by Greg Harris
All the way back to 1946. I'm looking at the original Airworthy Certificate dated July 17, 1946 right now.

It should all be there in the airworthiness "fiche" files.

And I have been a web developer and run software development for a bank and can assure you I would fire the people who build these websites. I am constantly in awe of the insanely bad systems and lack of testing.

More
13 Aug 2023 18:01 #15 by Ronald Raty
lowest bidder means lowest quality

More
13 Aug 2023 16:35 #16 by Larry Snyder
I tried this. After wrestling with another horribly designed government web site that barely works, it appeared that it would only go back to 1994 to find records online. If you were able to find records older than that, please let me know how you did it. I thought maybe it was just showing the first page of results, but could not find out how to go back farther.
Where does the government find these web site developers?

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
13 Aug 2023 09:42 #17 by Greg Harris
Hey all,

From reading a lot of the posts here it seems that most people don’t know that you can get the FAA records online without ordering a CD. I found this out by accident.

if you sign up for an FAA cares account, there is a place where you can type in any N number and see the scanned version of all the docs filed with them. At the bottom of the screen after entering the N number, there are tabs for all registration history, and airworthiness docs. It's all there. See attachments

It is under a section called aircraft records. I have done it quite a few times and have even informed sellers that their planes had a C to D conversion when the docs they had didn’t show it.

It appears to have exactly the same scanned docs as the CD. You can order a certified copy, but it is the same documents.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds