Breadcrumbs

Yelled at by ATC for saying Ercoupe

More
09 Sep 2023 23:14 #7 by Charles Galloway
Replied by Charles Galloway on topic Yelled at by ATC for saying Ercoupe
I've had ATC ask my type and also to repeat it. If I spell out ERCO I think that is what they are looking for so they can code it in the system along with the tail number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2023 10:50 #8 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Yelled at by ATC for saying Ercoupe
Hey now... I used to have a 150 and my Dad flew the Cessna T-37 in the Chair Force! ;)

More
09 Sep 2023 10:37 #9 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Yelled at by ATC for saying Ercoupe
I’ve been using aircoupe and I always spell out the type designator. You can’t really get too wound up since every flavor of Ercoupe/Forney/Alon/Mooney uses ERCO and the default FAA description for ERCO is Mooney. Gotta live with it.

More
09 Sep 2023 10:09 #10 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Yelled at by ATC for saying Ercoupe
I would still use Ercoupe but use the phonetic spelling for the aircraft type with ATC, Echo Romeo Charlie Oscar. I doubt there would be much issue with other pilots confusing on their ADS-B display since the annunciation over the radios isn't that clear. What would be more distracting is when ATC calls you out as a helicopter, experimental, or heaven forbid, a Cessna.

More
08 Sep 2023 23:22 #11 by RP J
The atc has been getting angry over the use of the word Ercoupe and ERCO when I announce my plane type. He says I’m flying an Aircoupe and need to communicate this correctly. Fine, I started saying aircoupe though ForeFlight has it correct and lists the Ercoupe and various models correctly with default performance profiles… So on Adsb it shows Ercoupe. Pilots using ForeFlight may get confused if I announce Aircoupe. How would you handle this?

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds