Breadcrumbs

EAA 2024 Sweepstakes Airplane

More
23 Dec 2023 23:38 #7 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic EAA 2024 Sweepstakes Airplane
The 2023 Airventure sweepstakes exhibited the white and blue Ercoupe to be raffled. Tickets were limited to 3,000 at $100 per ticket. State law required the
tickets to be purchased in Wisconsin. My understanding was that the Ercoupe would be given away at the end of 2023 Airventure. I could be wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2023 23:11 #8 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic EAA 2024 Sweepstakes Airplane
Not sure but when I search for the 2022 plane it’s a Cub and the 2023 plane is the Ercoupe. I read that they gave the Cub away after Airventure 2023 and they’re giving the Ercoupe away after Airventure 2024. So I guess you bought tickets for the raffle now active?

More
23 Dec 2023 22:13 #9 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic EAA 2024 Sweepstakes Airplane
I'm confused. Isn't this the same plane I bought $100 tickets for the 2023 sweepstakes? Are they raffling off the same plane but at a different price point?
What happened?

More
23 Dec 2023 10:36 #10 by Larry Snyder
EAA 2024 Sweepstakes Airplane was created by Larry Snyder
EAA is selling tickets (er, accepting donations) for its sweepstakes now and it’s a beautiful Ercoupe 415-C. That plane belonged to my old buddy John Roach of Illinois. While we were pretty far apart on a lot of things, we shared a love for aviation and Ercoupes in particular. John was a doer. He volunteered for jobs and was a hard worker. 

When John died a few years ago his family donated his Ercoupe to the EAA. And now, here it is, all gussied up. 

You can get 18 tickets for $25. 

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds