Breadcrumbs

Check Ride Needed

More
10 Feb 2024 18:21 #1 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Check Ride Needed
Sportaviationcenter.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2024 18:33 #2 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Check Ride Needed
Thank you Nathan!

I'm waiting to hear back from a CFI in Pennsylvania but if that doesn't pan out this is a great lead. I've never been to SD so it would be a little mini vacation too.

-Brooks

More
08 Feb 2024 10:15 #3 by Nathan Bissonette
Replied by Nathan Bissonette on topic Check Ride Needed
Ernie Clark, Sturgis South Dakota, 605-642-3642.

My insurance required transition training so I flew with him in November in his Ercoupe 415-C. No pedals. More than just takeoffs and stalls, he's a great teacher.

Fly Delta into Rapid City, rent a car from Enterprise to drive an hour North to Sturgis. February is the off-season so hotels will be cheap. Swing by Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse on your way home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

More
07 Feb 2024 19:04 #4 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Check Ride Needed
Bumping up this thread:

Seriously, any lead to an Ercoupe CFI in the continental US much appreciated!

More
03 Feb 2024 22:04 #5 by Brooks McNew
Check Ride Needed was created by Brooks McNew
I'm getting close to completing my 415C's renovations and getting the plane back in annual.

My insurance company requires a check ride so I'm searching for an Ercoupe CFI.  I'm happy to travel to the CFI's location if they have an Ercoupe available for the flight, or the CFI can come to my airport (W29) if they're willing to use my plane.

The only two "local-ish" Ercoupe CFI's from the membership list don't seem to be available. If there's an active CFI within driving range of Maryland that would be great, but if I need to take a commercial flight to meet a good CFI that's fine too.

If you are an Ercoupe CFI or if you have recommendations/referrals I'd be grateful for info!

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds