Breadcrumbs

Instruction

More
21 Feb 2024 14:00 #1 by Nathan Bissonette
Replied by Nathan Bissonette on topic Instruction
See my recommendation of Ernie Clark under "Check Ride Needed."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2024 12:48 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Instruction
Oops, looks like it has been omitted from the last 3 issues of the newsletter. It’ll be back for March.

But there weren’t any listings for Minnesota. Hopefully someone can help you out on this forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthew Muraski

More
12 Feb 2024 11:52 #3 by Matthew Muraski
Replied by Matthew Muraski on topic Instruction
Thank you Larry for the quick response and the insight to flying the Ercoupe! I opened the latest edition of Coupe Capers but didn't see a list of CFIs. There is a list of Officers and Wing Leaders at the end of the publication. Is there a different location for the CFI list?

And I sure will look into the celebration!

More
12 Feb 2024 11:36 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Instruction
Welcome to the club of interesting Ercoupe pilots!

You might check the CFI list in the Coupe Capers. I will warn you about that transitioning from the 150 and Tripacer is not real easy. The main thing to remember is that directional control on the ground is only done with the nose wheel (assuming you don’t have rudder pedals). So on takeoff and landing you must keep that nose gear planted on the runway. Because the Ercoupe does not generate lift when all the wheels are on the ground, keep it that way on takeoff until you are at flying speed, then jump it into the air. With a crosswind, it will pivot into the wind and you’re good. Landing is done in a crab if necessary due to a crosswind.

If you keep all that in mind, it becomes easy with practice. I’d feel better with an experienced Ercoupe guy in the cockpit!

Also, remember to steer on the ground with the yoke, even if it has rudder pedals. I think some rudder pedal installations use the pedals. Mine has no pedals and I love it! What’s really hard is going from the Ercoupe to the 150. As you head off the runway you suddenly remember moving that yoke is not accomplishing anything! I use to land the 150 repeating out loud “steer with the feet”. It helped some…

Good luck! Think about 2025 celebration of the 85th anniversary of the Ercoupe. We’ll all be up north!

More
12 Feb 2024 11:16 #5 by Matthew Muraski
Instruction was created by Matthew Muraski
Hello All,
I am a new EOC member and former owner of a couple of C150s and a Tripacer.  I would like to receiving flight instruction in the Ercoupe.  I live in the Twin Cities, MN area but am willing to travel. Would very much appreciate any CFI recommendations.

Thank You!
Matt

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds