Breadcrumbs

Historical Significance Tax Exemption

More
06 May 2024 10:47 #1 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Historical Significance Tax Exemption
It's actually the county the handles the annual property tax. San Diego County is pretty strict with their scrutiny of the form, making sure the plane isn't exhibited on two or more events on the same date, and that each date is signed off by the event coordinator of that particular exhibit event. An exhibit event is not limited to your home airport and can be a good excuse to fly out to other airports for their exhibit day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2024 21:12 #2 by RP J
Does anyone here do the Historical Airplane Tax Exemption in CA? I filled out the form last year and have my airplane tied now near the Flying Eagles event which happens every month. It gets looked at, of course, since it is an 80 year old airplane. The extortionists, I mean taxmen, want me to provide a signature from the event coordinator. Technically, I am the even coordinator of my own airplane... My question is how strict is CA about this? The event is advertised but I just cannot get the actual event coordinators signature. 

Most states, as far as I know do not play this game and just give owners of Historical airplanes a break, as it should be. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds