Breadcrumbs

Garmin GDL 82 Issue

More
07 Jun 2023 07:55 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Garmin GDL 82 Issue
You can always check if your ADS-B out is working properly by submitting a Public ADS-B Performance Report (PAPR) request.

adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2023 07:39 #2 by George Polos
Replied by George Polos on topic Garmin GDL 82 Issue
Larry, The other day my friend and I flew our Ercoupes together on a short cross country and his ADSB track on FlightAware was perfect up and back. He has a Garmin 335 which provides a transponder and ADSB-out. Mine cut out after a short segment up and never even recorded anything coming back on FlightAware. Of course I can get the tracks on ForeFlight but not seeing them on FlightAware makes me wonder if ADSB-out is working. My transponder was recently checked and passed the test. I have no idea what the problem might be.

More
06 Jun 2023 13:25 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Garmin GDL 82 Issue
I’m still trying to figure out how ADS-B works. FlightAware seems to only know about trips where I talk to ATC for flight following. It rarely sees me at the very beginning or end of a flight, I figure that’s because I don’t reach a tower until I’m pretty high in some areas of Arkansas. If someone could fully describe the ADS-B to FlightAware relationship I’d sure live to hear it!

More
06 Jun 2023 12:32 #4 by George Polos
Garmin GDL 82 Issue was created by George Polos
I have a Garmin GDL 82 installed that works with my Narco AT 150 transponder to provide ADSB-out. The problem I run into is often when I look on FlightAware there are missing segments for my route. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue? 

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds