Breadcrumbs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for flying destinations in Ohio.

Looking for flying destinations in Ohio. 3 weeks 3 days ago #861

• Kevin Gassert
  • Thank you received: 2
Fly on down to Butler County Airport (HAO) just about any Saturday or Sunday. Lots of Ercoupes to see and an active EAA chapter (974) with many projects. We go down the street to eat at noon every Saturday rain or shine. If it is nice some fly out elsewhere but always someone going down the street. I have a cookout August 26 in my hangar. Need more Ercoupes to show up.

Kevin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for flying destinations in Ohio. 1 month 2 weeks ago #842

• Bud Bornemann
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the info. Put in bay can almost be seen from my work station in Pt Clinton and you are right a fun place to visit.
As a side note the EAA chapter 1247 in Pt Clinton is involved in a ground up restoration of a Ford Tri- Motor. Our work shop
is located in the work hanger of the Liberty Aviation Museum at the Pt Clinton airport. We get many tours and visitors to
our project. It would make a great stop for aviation enthusiasts, lots of really nice planes and a tour includes the restoration
shop. Also there is a 50s style rebuilt diner attached to the museum with a great reputation for excellent food and a great
view of a great airport.

Looking for flying destinations in Ohio. 1 month 3 weeks ago #837

• Larry Snyder
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15

Looking for flying destinations in Ohio. 1 month 3 weeks ago #836

• Larry Snyder
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
I am so sorry I didn't reply to this earlier! OK - you are very lucky. There is a really wild and special destination in Ohio to fly into - Put In Bay, Ohio. If you don't know about Put in Bay, look it up. It's an island with lots of great restaurants and party spots on it! It has a tiny airport - 3W2. I've been thinking about flying in there for years. But do the research first, I think there is a takedown fee, etc., but it's so different it's worth it, IMO! If you go - let us know what it's like! I think it's a little like Mackinac Island up in Michigan....

Looking for flying destinations in Ohio. 3 months 5 days ago #790

• Bud Bornemann
  • Thank you received: 1
Looking for fun flying destinations in Ohio or surrounding states, airports with nice restaurants on or nearby, Airports close to fun or interesting places to visit etc.
Planing an interesting and fun summer. Thanks for the help.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds