Breadcrumbs

Pretsel wheel

• Gene Hershey
15 Jul 2019 06:51 #1 by Gene Hershey
Replied by Gene Hershey on topic Pretsel wheel
Hey, Bud. Larry's right. Even if they don't interfere with ur lap, you'll find it to be more "natural" feeling. Besides, some things, like "real" hangars having round roof and "real" bales being square, in an Ercoupe the real reason the smaller loops are on top is "just because"! :-) That's just how they're supposed to be! :-) You know I'm just kidding, but it sounds good to me!
My '47-E model came with the "ram's horn" type mod, but I have acquired the pretzels already and looking to install a ppt button on it. If anyone has any ideas or fotos of how they did it, I'd love to hear/see abt it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bud Bornemann
  • Topic Author
12 Mar 2017 20:22 #2 by Bud Bornemann
Replied by Bud Bornemann on topic Pretsel wheel
Thanks Larry, Didn't realize mine was different for quite a while. Just happened to notice the difference while viewing some photos of Coupes on this site. It doesn't bother me I just thought that's the way it was supposed to be. I have no idea who
or when it was done. Mine is in the shop now but I will take a better look at it as soon as I can.

More
06 Mar 2017 17:18 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Pretsel wheel
The wheel should rest above the yoke, not under it. First off, I would think an upside down wheel would keep hitting your lap! Plus, it is much easier to control on top of the yoke. Plus, that's just the way it's supposed to be!

• Bud Bornemann
  • Topic Author
14 Feb 2017 21:05 #4 by Bud Bornemann
Pretsel wheel was created by Bud Bornemann
Really not sure where to post this as it is more of a comment than an actual question.
Of all the Coups that I have seen or pictures I have seen that include the control wheel
the larger of the loops for lack of a better word are on the top with the two smaller loops
facing down. My Coupe wheel however is opposite with the two smaller loops on the top.
Can't find out when it was done or who did it. How unusual is this, and any reason for it?

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds