Breadcrumbs

New Member Introduction

• Joey Shreve
13 Mar 2019 07:37 #1 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic New Member Introduction
Hmmm BBQ at Bolton Field. There are 6 flyable Ercoupes at Butler County Airport HAO in Hamilton Ohio, but sadly no BBQ.

Weather permitting I fly somewhere every weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 15:07 #2 by Edgar Biehl
Replied by Edgar Biehl on topic New Member Introduction
Hi Jon, I am Ed Biehl, also a new member(Feb-19). Just bought an A-2 in October, I am at Bolton Field (Hangar I-2) Call and stop by for a visit and chat. 614-843-0190
Us Buckeyes gotta stick together!

• Gene Hershey
27 Feb 2019 20:42 #3 by Gene Hershey
Replied by Gene Hershey on topic New Member Introduction
Welcome to the Ercoupe world, Jon. They r great little airplanes! My recommendation wud be to finish ur PPL in an aircraft with rudders, then buy an Ercoupe without rudders {unless u plan to go on to more ratings). Years ago I owned 415c with rudders while my hangar neighbor had one without. We wud often trade planes and fly together. We both agreed that in THIS comparison the rudderless plane was a nicer flyer than the one with rudders. That said, an Ercoupe with rudders is also a good choice. U can't loose with either. 25 yrs later I now have one without them and I'm happy as a clam.

Question for Bill: what kind of empty wt do u have for ur IFR 'coupe? Mine is 944 lbs with metal prop, wheel pants and 30 gal tanks.

Gene Hershey. (Just rejoined the group)

• Steve McNew
04 Feb 2019 14:14 #4 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic New Member Introduction
Good choice you're making, Jon! We have some limitations, like any light plane has, and heavy weather is one of them. Still, on Feb. 3, I had a wonderful fly, out of Phillipsburg, near Dayton - Best therapy for almost anything, I think! Be considering, if you have not yet, whether to look for Light Sport, or not - My bird is LSA, but the limitations are of no real concern to me. AOPA Pilot this issue (Yaks on the cover) mentions us in the article on inexpensive planes - Read all you can, as I'm sure you are already doing, and we look forward to sharing the Western Ohio (etc) skies! Steve

• Jon Kovacic
  • Topic Author
02 Aug 2018 08:18 #5 by Jon Kovacic
Replied by Jon Kovacic on topic New Member Introduction
Thank you very much Bill for the helpful advice!

More
02 Aug 2018 07:46 #6 by William James
Replied by William James on topic New Member Introduction
good choice. The Ercoupe is an excellent starter and in my case, finisher aircraft. I bought and learned in an Ercoupe in 1964 and after 13 different aircraft I am now back in the "coupe" (N919BJ) When u start looking at coupes try and find one with rudder cables . Good to have rudder experience as you move on to different birds. Check with me when you are ready to buy, I may be ready to sell mine. I am 78 and figure to hang it up in the next year or so. My bird is fully IFR certified with 30 gal wing tanks , no header tank.
Call me if you have questions

Bill James
330 495 6041
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Canton, Ohio

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds