Breadcrumbs

FINALLY, Tail beacon receives STC

More
17 Dec 2019 19:05 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic FINALLY, Tail beacon receives STC
received my rebate check yesterday and it is in the bank..

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 19:31 #2 by Matt Gunsch
test flight done with a PASS, this adventure is FINALLY OVER

A&P, IA, PPSEL

More
08 Nov 2019 14:35 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Finally the end is in sight, Thanks Larry, the beacon is installed, finishing up paperwork and get ready to do the test flight.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
Attachments:

More
29 Sep 2019 17:09 #4 by Matt Gunsch
Don't give up on the rebates, one of my techs was able to snag one last Wednesday, keep hitting the FAA rebate site 1pm east coast time adsbrebate.faa.gov/RebateReservation.aspx

A&P, IA, PPSEL

More
18 Sep 2019 19:16 #5 by Matt Gunsch
Miracles do happen, I snagged a returned rebate this morning, and got my confirmation email a couple of minutes after I hit submit.
I had 4 browsers open, firefox, chrome, IE, and what ever the new MS is, at 1pm east coast time I hit the check for rebates on firefox and nailed one.
Keep trying, every Wednesday at 1pm eastern time.

A&P, IA, PPSEL

More
13 Sep 2019 14:48 #6 by Matt Gunsch
FINALLY, Tail beacon receives STC was created by Matt Gunsch
just got this in a email
It has been two months since we were able to announce that tailBeacon received its TSO certification from the FAA. As many of you know, the next step in the certification process was achieving the initial Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) which permits installation on your aircraft. Even though the tailBeacon is nearly identical to skyBeacon, the FAA has a duty to thoroughly evaluate the system to ensure it performs as intended on the aircraft.

Today, we are thrilled to announce that the tailBeacon received its STC! This evaluation took longer than we hoped, but we are happy to have delivered on our promise.

As with skyBeacon, we worked in a very collaborative fashion with the Aircraft Certification Office (ACO) to get this across the finish line. Below is a depiction of our STC test flight that was conducted near our headquarters in Montana.

STC Installations
tailBeacon employs an initial STC for a single aircraft type (Cessna 172) with follow on installations to be conducted using the ADS-B Policy Memo. That FAA memo, titled “Installation Approval for ADS-B OUT Systems,” explains that after an initial STC is achieved for ADS-B OUT equipment, additional installations can be accomplished on aircraft not listed on the AML by an A&P with Inspection Authorization (IA) so long as the installation does not require airframe modification. This blanket approval requires only completion of a two-page FAA form known as a 337, with no authorizing signature. This is the same form and paperwork required if installed under the AML STL. Countless skyBeacon customers have installed their equipment using this memo, and it is a great example of the FAA being progressive to limit certification delays and installations costs.

For ease of installation and paperwork, we have provided a sample 337 form for tailBeacon. Once the form is completed your installer will mail it to the FAA office in Oklahoma City, while keeping a copy on file with the aircraft maintenance logs. This process is typical for many ADS-B installations and your installer is likely familiar with the process. If your installer has questions please ask them to contact us.

Manufacturing
Under the authority of the FAA Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO), we began production of the tailBeacon immediately after TSO authorization. We have been building inventory in our newly opened manufacturing site in Columbia Falls, MT since July. Those of you who have pre-ordered will receive your shipment shortly as we are beginning shipments immediately. You have plenty of time to complete installation before the end of the year!

A&P, IA, PPSEL

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds