Breadcrumbs

Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C

• BILLY REEVES
  • Topic Author
03 Feb 2019 02:14 #1 by BILLY REEVES
Replied by BILLY REEVES on topic Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C
Edd Moore provided me with the measurements. Also, I went over to the Dickson County Tennessee Airport and made some templates with cardboard. I thank all of you for your help. I have what I need to get on with it. I will provide all with information on the completed project and how well it works. Steve, I investigate the possibility of using something already in use as not to reinvent the wheel but would not work with the coupe. Again thanks to all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve McNew
31 Jan 2019 15:15 #2 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C
Make that the big chill - not shill!

• Steve McNew
31 Jan 2019 15:14 #3 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C
The big shill is passing, I'll be at our field on Sat - temp in 50s! Will measure from ground at hour marked locations. Question: Do you plan to approach from the forward end of the plane? I will include the distance front to rear of my cockpit, too, and inside, where the floor, seat, seat back and such are. Can get baggage dimensions as well. There are modifications in the baggage area that I've seen, too. Might do to check the lifts such as that the YMCA has for poolside use, too. This sounds like an interesting project, all the way around! ( I either put my elbow on the side of the window opening, or in cold weather, sort of hang my arm from my hold on the yoke.) Be in touch - Steve

More
29 Jan 2019 00:55 #4 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C
Billy has any responded yet? If not, I'll try to get but storm due in today. My guess is that some measurements may differ due to tire pressure, models, early/ late landing gear etc I have plum bob, etc so can come close - maybe others will support and you can compare.

Edd Moore 415C -N99727 - 0-200

• BILLY REEVES
  • Topic Author
21 Jan 2019 13:16 - 21 Jan 2019 13:22 #5 by BILLY REEVES
Measurements for ERCOUPE 415-C was created by BILLY REEVES
I need some measurements for the aircoupe. I am designing a handicap lift to transfer my quadriplegic wife from her chair on the ground and place her in the right side seat. (1st): I need the height from the ground to the top of the wing where the rear of the fuel tank joins the wing root against the fuselage. (2nd): The distance from that same point on the wing root to the bottom of the window pocket. Where you would rest your elbow when flying with the window open. (3rd): The height from the location described on the 2nd point to the top of the canopy. (4th) The width of the baggage area behind the seat. I will attach a picture showing the measurement locations. I do not have the aircraft yet and want to get started on the design for the lift. It will NOT be permanently attached at any location but will have a clamping system which will be removed and the lift stored in the baggage area. This system will mitigate the need for a right side door modification and a lengthy FAA approval process.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Bill
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2019 13:22 by BILLY REEVES.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds