Breadcrumbs

TailbeaconX and AV-30

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
12 Nov 2023 13:57 #7 by Greg Harris
Replied by Greg Harris on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
Thx. I know I'll have to run additional wire for the AV-30 connection. The Nav lights also have a short in them so that's another issue that needs to be addressed at same time. Or no lights, and no TailBeacon :) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2023 13:04 - 12 Nov 2023 13:05 #8 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
The installation shouldn't be too difficult but could be a bit "fiddley". The AV-30 will need a power source with circuit protection. Assuming you have a tail position light already, the TailbeaconX will still require additional wiring to it which could be a bit of a challenge getting all the way back to the tail (especially if one's body size is on the large side).

You can remove the vacuum system but the mechanic will need to sign it off. You would also need a revised weight and balance and equipment list which the mechanic also signs off. Note, you don't need to actually re-weigh the plane, just do the math for removed and added equipment.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2023 13:05 by John Jones.

• Greg Harris
  • Away
More
11 Nov 2023 10:46 #9 by Greg Harris
Replied by Greg Harris on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
Thanks, will do.

More
11 Nov 2023 10:44 #10 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
Call Chuck Rosenfeld who is somewhere out west. His contact information is in the back page of the Coupe Capers, I think. If it’s not, go to documents > club rosters anc it’ll be there for sure. I think Chuck has a lot of experience with that setup.

• Greg Harris
  • Away
More
11 Nov 2023 10:28 - 12 Nov 2023 13:58 #11 by Greg Harris
TailbeaconX and AV-30 was created by Greg Harris
Hi all!

Since the plane I recently purchased does not have a transponder, I bought a TailBeaconX and AV-30 with the OAT and magnetometer. 

Has  anyone installed the X version and had it connected to the AV-30? I am curious how many hours the installation was and the cost. I have someone who is supposed to install this week who is a “Traveling A&P”. He will install where the plane is. 

I am also pulling the vacuum system. Am I allowed to do that part myself?

Can anyone give me some input on the installation of the AV-30 or the combo? I know the standard TailBeacon is pretty easy since it is not hard wired into anything.

Thanks!

Last edit: 12 Nov 2023 13:58 by Greg Harris.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds