Breadcrumbs

Alon c90 oil change

More
28 Feb 2024 17:59 #7 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Alon c90 oil change

I agree with Ron. Fresno Airparts have new dip sticks. That said your problem has to be with the drain valve. The only other thing it could be is the sump itself. It is a simple design. The sump, a drain port and the oil pickup. There are no baffles in the sump to block the oil from draining. Vern likely has a C90 dip stick...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2024 20:47 #8 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Alon c90 oil change
Is it possible that dipstick was originally from a sump with a longer neck, and somebody cut the end off to get it to fit into yours? Perhaps the 3 is not 3, but maybe only 1? The implication of that being that you are running with less oil than your stick indicates.

More
26 Feb 2024 22:38 #9 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Alon c90 oil change
  Hi. I appreciate your thoughts. I guess my question is why am I only draining only 1 3/4 quarts of used oil out of my engine when I do an oil change? I pulled the quick drain and no more additional oil came out.

The reason I thought I wasn’t getting all the oil out was still reading 2 quarts on the dipstick after draining the oil
Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2024 19:51 - 26 Feb 2024 19:59 #10 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Alon c90 oil change
Well, just pull it out.! there is no reason aC90should be holing oil in a 3 point. My '67 never did not drain all the oil out. The drain being on bottom of the sump. Order a new drain pull out the old one install and safety new in place...Look on net they show you how to do the safety wire. Also are you wiping the dip stick off and rereading it?
Last edit: 26 Feb 2024 19:59 by Warren Hampton.

More
25 Feb 2024 14:16 #11 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Alon c90 oil change
How large is the sump? minimum for a C90 is 5qts. Post some photos of your oil sump, you should be able to drain everything out of it.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
25 Feb 2024 12:46 - 25 Feb 2024 12:51 #12 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Alon c90 oil change
I pulled the quick disconnect drain plug all the way out. No additional oil came out. The dip stick still reads about a quart.

so the total removed was 1 3/4 quarts and the stick read almost 4qts before I started
Last edit: 25 Feb 2024 12:51 by Keith Whitcomb. Reason: Additional information

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds