Breadcrumbs

Alon brake system

More
29 Sep 2017 14:52 #7 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic Alon brake system
Well I found another solution, the original factory hand brake option. Vern Gregory of usedercoupeparts.com found an original Alon optional handbrake system for me. I then was able to get the a copy of the original factory installation drawings from Univair. The hand brake option is a much better system than the foot brake bar. As a side note, when we removed the original brake cylinder we found people had bushed so hard on the foot brake bar that the mounting bolts were both bent. So no more dances between the brake and the rudder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2017 00:49 - 29 Sep 2017 00:52 #8 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Alon brake system
3047H Jack C' old Coupe, Jack could not use his legs well so he put in a system for a hand Break SEE 337s page two five down. This site... For anyone else that wants a hand break system
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 00:52 by Warren Hampton.

More
14 Nov 2016 22:08 #9 by Jack Lawless
Alon brake system was created by Jack Lawless
I am working on redoing the panel in my Alon. The aircraft has a single bar brake control above the rudder peddles. It is very awkward to use will still maintaining control with the rudder peddles. Long ago I used to fly a Forney F1A that had a center hand brake lever. It was much easier to use. Does anyone know of a conversion to the hand brake that may be available and where I might find one?

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds