Breadcrumbs

Spring Gear Adjustment

More
27 Nov 2019 12:22 #1 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic Spring Gear Adjustment
Limited experience here. When I purchased my M10, one of my tires was wearing on the inside, the other not as noticeable. But I am not sure how long that tire was installed (not recorded in logs). I just put on some "new" Desser retreads, so it will be (hopefully) sometime before I witness wear patterns. My experience with other spring gear, it would not surprise me to have routine inner wear...but maybe I just weigh too much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2019 21:06 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Spring Gear Adjustment
I went through this pretty thoroughly and the service bulletin addresses toe in but not camber. I'm wondering if over time the axles get bent slightly or if the spring gear takes a "set" that decambers the tires. The inside of both mains wear more than the outside. I get a little additional wear by removing the tires and putting the inside on the outside with no additional correction but next set of tires I would like it corrected.

More
26 Nov 2019 14:51 #3 by Mike Then
....and yes, the Mooney Service manual procedures are the same as SB 13 for Alon/Mooney on the Univair website.

More
18 Jul 2019 16:38 #4 by Mike Then
I really love the spring gear!

More
18 Jul 2019 10:29 #5 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Spring Gear Adjustment
I found it on Univair site but as an Alon. After that I found it in the service manual. Thanks a bunch as that will solve a couple of problems.

More
17 Jul 2019 20:43 #6 by Mike Then
John
Not sure what the SB 13 looks like, but the M10 manual calls for a 2" x 3.82" of 2024-T3, and you alter the thickness as needed per procedures. You can use multiple shims, and each shim can taper in thickness. I would think the M10 procedures would be applicable to Alon as I believe all the associated parts are the same...but I do not know for a fact.
Mike

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds