Breadcrumbs

Carb heat SCAT hose

More
20 Mar 2024 02:23 #1 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Carb heat SCAT hose
I'll keep that as "Plan B" in case my A&P doesn't like the modified exhaust reducer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2024 10:58 #2 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Carb heat SCAT hose
Another option would be to make a "sleeve" for the smaller diameter opening with tubing that is 2 1/4" OD and 2" ID and just slide that over the smaller diameter opening then clamp the scat hose to that. If necessary a thing slot could be cut lengthwise in the sleeve to facilitate fit and clamping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

More
19 Mar 2024 01:44 #3 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Carb heat SCAT hose
Ronald that's an EXCELLENT idea!

I just got finished mounting a rebuilt carburetor and my A&P mentioned that he wasn't happy with the 2" scat hose loosely clipped into the heat box. I just ordered an exhaust reducer and I will be doing exactly what you suggested.

More
07 Mar 2024 20:22 #4 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Carb heat SCAT hose
I bought an exhaust pipe reducer, cut it as short at possible to eliminate weight, I through bolted the large end into the air box, and the hose clamps onto the smaller end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

More
07 Mar 2024 14:53 #5 by Morris Pearson
Replied by Morris Pearson on topic Carb heat SCAT hose
Was able to get a 2 1/4" SCAT hose on the airbox and the heat muff.

More
04 Mar 2024 15:54 - 04 Mar 2024 16:46 #6 by Morris Pearson
Carb heat SCAT hose was created by Morris Pearson
My heat muff is sized for a 2" SCAT hose. The back of the carb air box where the SCAT need to attach is a step down flange of about 2 1/4" OD. The existing configuration did not work well and was a piece of 2 1/2" SCAT that was over clamped down to the air box and heat nuff by removing the wire and clamping on the fabric. As could be expected the fabric has torn at the heat muff. Is there supposed to be some kind of adapter to accomodate the size difference of the 2" heat muff hose flange and air box 2 1/4 " flange? I would appreciate anyone either of explaing how thier carb heat is set up or pictures would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Pete
Last edit: 04 Mar 2024 16:46 by Morris Pearson.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds