Breadcrumbs

Wing tank gauge?

• Lawson Laslo
  • Topic Author
16 May 2019 22:08 #1 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic Wing tank gauge?
Ok thanks
I would join but don’t have Facebook
What do you mean by censor?
Does EOC censor stuff?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2019 19:58 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Wing tank gauge?
depending on the model, early coupes did not have a gauge for the wing tanks, mine has one in the left tank, but it is a pain to see it in flight as it is behind my knee. The header tank float is the best fuel gauge.

check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook, we don't censor or hide our discussions.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
12 May 2019 09:09 #3 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Wing tank gauge?
Hey Lawson. It seems to be debatable. Many, many Coupes only have the header float gauge, including mine.

One rule states that if all tanks are interconnected they can be considered one tank and thus need only one gauge. The wing root gauges are notoriously unreliable and unreadable. That header float gauge is right in your face and is extremely reliable.

My Ercoupe has passed decades of annual inspections by many IAs and has never been squawked over a lack of a wing tank gauge.

Please join the Facebook group: Ercoupe Owners and Enthusiasts. There’s a current discussion on this very topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawson Laslo

• Lawson Laslo
  • Topic Author
11 May 2019 16:03 #4 by Lawson Laslo
Wing tank gauge? was created by Lawson Laslo
We where told by a mechanic that it is required to have a fuel gauge for one of the wing tanks? Is this required, our ercoupe has no fuel gauge for wing tank only for header?

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds