Breadcrumbs

Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C...

• Ken Medlin
27 Jul 2020 14:25 #1 by Ken Medlin
Replied by Ken Medlin on topic Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C...
replace the floats. They will start sinking at some point and need replacing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2020 23:21 #2 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C...
You left us hanging, Steve.

• Dale Kohler
25 May 2020 20:15 #3 by Dale Kohler
Replied by Dale Kohler on topic Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C...
Did you get your problem sorted?

• Steve McNew
  • Topic Author
08 Apr 2020 23:41 #4 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C...
I got it; will call A&P in the am to confirm - The filled header was still full today; went around once and landed - measured gas in header and wing tank. Header was down, wing not. Went around again, a longer pattern, and header was down by a third of what it had before starting up today - wing tank not changed at all. My conclusion is that the pump is not feeding the header. Will run that by my A&P. It was an interesting feeling, to have the wing tanks full, and see the bead drop out of sight when descending...

• Steve McNew
  • Topic Author
07 Apr 2020 21:02 #5 by Steve McNew
Fuel indicator, floating, on 415 C... was created by Steve McNew
Recently, the wire in the sight tube has gone to showing the tank to be partially empty - from about an inch low, to halfway down. This usually had been corrected with the engine running a moment or two, pumping fuel into the header tank. So - I filled the header, raising the float to its top position, but it rapidly fell to half way down. And I am not at ease with flying, not having any sort of honest indication. Does the cork get heavy after a few years? It has been at least 6 years, with no problem. Oh - also had a little fuel spraying out of the header; tightened the blades on the cap, and twisted the nut inside, to snug that on to the tube. Have I pinched the wire somehow? It moves easily with the cap off... Thanks, Steve

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds