Breadcrumbs

Wheelbase width, elevator w/ rudders width.

More
22 Jun 2020 16:29 #1 by Patrick McNamara
Replied by Patrick McNamara on topic Wheelbase width, elevator w/ rudders width.
Michael,
Please send me your cell # and email address, I took my Alon to Florida from Tennessee.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2020 11:32 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Wheelbase width, elevator w/ rudders width.
I think you will have a hard time finding a car trailer wide enough. I hauled mine 1000 miles on a car trailer (photo attached) without incident. But I had to clamp a steel channel (the pull-out loading ramp from the back of the trailer) across the bed so the mains had something to sit on. Otherwise, they straddle the bed. The nose gear barely fit on the bed, but it could have been tied to the tow bar, also. The plane had to be loaded from the front of the trailer because of the fenders. I built ramps with concrete blocks and a couple of wood 2x8's then used a come-along to pull the plan up the ramp onto the channel.
Attachments:

More
21 Jun 2020 05:06 #3 by Michael Hainen
Wheelbase width, elevator w/ rudders width. was created by Michael Hainen
Hello, purchase a 1946 415c model and am going to have to retrieve it on a flatbed trailer. I believe the wing panels will be about
11' long and can carry those in the 8' bed of my old pickup truck with the tail gate down. I need to find the width of the wheel base and the length of the wheelbase from front tire to the mains. Don't believe any U-haul trailers like the car towing trailer will bit work as their track widths are only about 7' and inside the fenders would prevent the loading of the mains also. If you know the dimensions I am seeking please respond. Trying to roll the fuselage up on a trailer to pull down the highway without removing the elevator ( lots of red flags affixed).

Rustypilot

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds