Breadcrumbs

propellers

More
09 Sep 2020 10:43 #7 by Andy Mintz Mintz
Replied by Andy Mintz Mintz on topic propellers
Hello Larry:

My ercoupe has a stc for c85 engine. I was told when i bought it had a cruise prop on it.

Living in south carolina the climb in it is about 300 feet at gross weight at 80 degrees f. Not a problem because the runways are long where i fly out of but i will be changing airports this year to 3700 foot runway length. In the manuals, it says i need about 2100 feet at 100 degrees f to clear 50 ft obstacle at gross weight. That is the reason for looking into climb prop.

Am i making right decision to consider climb prop if available for my engine and prop or am i overly concerned that my cruise prop wont do the job.

Do you have names of prop companies who can pitch a metal prop. Thxs andy 94174

Am i making

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Treat
22 May 2016 10:46 #8 by Tim Treat
Replied by Tim Treat on topic propellers
That's good news. I flying my Coupe to Carson City this morning to have the new engine installed. They are tearing into it tomorrow. I should be smiling with a new surge of power next weekend.

• Thom Darrow
22 May 2016 10:42 #9 by Thom Darrow
Replied by Thom Darrow on topic propellers
Hi Tim I finaly put my Ercoupe in my hanger at Fallon. Need to do some small things to it and then test fly it Thom. TKS.....

• Tim Treat
22 May 2016 10:33 #10 by Tim Treat
Replied by Tim Treat on topic propellers
I think your 7148 will be perfect for your altitude. I am using the same prop at 6500ft in Tahoe. My engine is only 75hp and it does ok. My climb is 300 to 500 fpm loaded and 2100 rpm. I don't get in a hurry to go anywhere!

I'm having a C85/O200 crank kit installed tomorrow so I am expecting my performance to improve from ok to great.

• Thom Darrow
22 May 2016 10:20 #11 by Thom Darrow
Replied by Thom Darrow on topic propellers
Larry my engine is a conversion C 75 to C 85. With out a data plate change. The prop I was going to install is a McCauley 1B90/CM 7148. I'm at 4000' MSL and was told in an article by Ed Burkhead that was what he installed except he said it was a 7146. Is that an ok prop? TKS....

More
28 Apr 2016 13:34 #12 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic propellers
The pitch of your prop is on it somewhere, or in the logbook. 46-49 are climb and 50 is standard and 51+ is cruise. There is no composite prop approved by STC for the Ercoupe. The legal props are listed in the TCDS for the plane.

Larry
N99340

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds