Breadcrumbs

Oil pressure at hot idle

More
15 Aug 2017 19:44 #1 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic Oil pressure at hot idle
With the Stromberg you might or might not have a mixture control. Either way the Stromberg does not have an idle cutoff so you can't stop the engine with it. Shutdown is turn the mags off or fuel off.

Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Thompson, Don Etchison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
14 Aug 2017 14:02 #2 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Oil pressure at hot idle
The Stromberg's always stayed full rich, as I recall. The MS carbs have a functional mixture control that is used all the time, including shutdown. I cannot remember ever using the mixture in the old Coupe. I have an Alon now. Maybe someone with a Stromberg can add to this.
Henry

• Don Etchison
  • Topic Author
14 Aug 2017 12:10 #3 by Don Etchison
Replied by Don Etchison on topic Oil pressure at hot idle
Thank you Henry. The plane I am interested in has no fuel mixture level in the cockpit. Is this normal. I am in Florida, but in cold weather how does one choke or make the mixture richer? Do some planes have an adjustment and others don't.

• Henry Pasquet
14 Aug 2017 12:03 #4 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Oil pressure at hot idle
Min oil pressure at idle is 10 PSI. Your good.

• Don Etchison
  • Topic Author
14 Aug 2017 11:09 #5 by Don Etchison
Oil pressure at hot idle was created by Don Etchison
Starting to fly again after many years. Looking at Ercoupes. Annual was just done on the plane I looked at and it appears to be in nice shape and no corrosion. Engine has 845 since major overhaul. Noticed oil pressure at hot idle was around 15 psi at 800 RMPs. Oil pressure was 30 psi plus at higher RPM. Engine has no leaks and runs strong and has new cylinder heads in the last few years. Compression in the 70s. Is this at idle oil pressure too low or is it where it should be? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds