Breadcrumbs

Tail Beacon Information Needed

More
11 Sep 2018 08:52 #1 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Tail Beacon Information Needed
Thanks for the update. I would think with the limited number of Alons it might not be worth the effort for an adapter. I hope the skySensor is ready when the order goes in, or at least forecast to be soon there after.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2018 23:06 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Tail Beacon Information Needed
Last report is that the skySensor will be ready at the same time as the tailBeacon. Currently, it looks like it will take some work to make tailBeacon work on an Alon. We sent an Alon tail cone to uAvionix, but I haven’t heard about an Alon Adapter yet. I think that by the time EOC places the order, skySensor will be available.

More
10 Sep 2018 22:09 #3 by John Jones
Tail Beacon Information Needed was created by John Jones
I'm on the order list for a wingtip Skybeacon which should be a direct fit on the Alon. However, since the companion right wing ADS-B in Skysensor does not seem to be forthcoming, will the Tailbeacon work with an Alon? I lurk on the Facebook page but don't do FB anymore so can't ask there. There are references for an included adaptor for the Ercoupes with the club order, is one available for the Alons as well? I had hoped to get the "full monty" ADS-B out and in with a symmetrical look on each wing tip and eliminate the need for a cockpit portable ADS-B in receiver to display the in information on a tablet.

Or, does anyone know if the Skysensor is in the pipeline for certified airplanes? John

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds