Breadcrumbs

ADS-B

More
31 Jul 2018 13:01 #1608 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic ADS-B
The Terra is the same transponder I have in my Ercoupe, it is a Mode C transponder, so you will just need ADS-B out which can be done by several different options including the Garmin GDL-82, or the uAvionic's SkyBeacon or TailBeacon. At least these are the cheaper of the options.

Joey Shreve
Liberty Twp, OH
Sport Pilot; May 2017
N99773

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2018 12:49 #1607 by Terrence O'Neill
Replied by Terrence O'Neill on topic ADS-B
I just bought a 415 D, with a Terra TXTR250D transponder that is not installed yet. I fly VFR and use ForeFlight for Nav, with its weather, on my iPad..
If I have this transponder installed will it work for ADS-B, with my iPad and Foreflight?

Thanks,

More
20 Jun 2018 10:18 #1544 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic ADS-B
As far as I understand it, yes.

More
20 Jun 2018 10:06 #1543 by Peyton DeHart
Replied by Peyton DeHart on topic ADS-B
So it will always transmit the old transponder code as well as the ADS-B signal.

More
20 Jun 2018 09:20 #1542 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic ADS-B
Sure. uAvionix have a receiver on their circuit board that snoops the transmissions of your 1960's transponder and decodes that information. Then they format an ADS-B packet and send that out.

josef

More
20 Jun 2018 08:59 #1541 by Peyton DeHart
ADS-B was created by Peyton DeHart
For someone who has talked to uAvionix about their offering, is there a layman explanation how my 1960's transponder, that sends out a squawk on a frequency in the electromagnetic spectrum, gets a GPS position overlayed on top of that frequency when it cannot possibly be "talking" to the thing on the wingtip (since the 1960's transponder is not Bluetooth enabled)?

Peyton

Moderators: Chris Schuldt
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds