Breadcrumbs

ADS-B

More
01 Jul 2019 09:59 #1 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic ADS-B
I put the GDL-82 in my Alon and it works great but is only ads-b out. It was actually easy but does require installing the gps antenna. Opening up the plane, installing, and button up was about 2.5 hours not counting the paperwork.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2019 10:58 #2 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic ADS-B
Several people around here (Houston area) have SkyBeacon and all I have heard is positive comments. Cheap and easy installation is a big plus.
I had planned to go Uavionics but my MicroAir transponder crapped out. So I went with the all-in-one box Stratus ESGI. Transponder plus ADSB OUT and In. It’s installed IN my panel, not hanging below it.
I love it.

• Joey Shreve
20 May 2019 12:37 #3 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic ADS-B
I pre purchased the TailBeacon from uAvionics through the EOC, I know as far as the SkyBeacon several people at the airport I am at (HAO) and they have had good success. The only issues I have heard of is people not programming it correctly or worse they really needed a new transponder either way, as their old one really was not as strong as it once was 20 years ago.

Seatbelt system, I really have no idea who made it, I will pull up the 337 document and post it in a separate thread.

GDL-82 is a great product, just not easy to install, I am hearing 8-10 hours of install time. Great if you are doing your annual otherwise, might as well do it then since you will be taking apart the complete interior, at least in the Ercoupe.

• Steve McNew
20 May 2019 12:31 #4 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic ADS-B
Joey - I haven't heard a lot of good things about the uAvionics products, up our way - am considering the GDL - 82... Which do you use? And - I like your seatbelt system! Could you share who made it? Thanks, Stevd

• Joey Shreve
31 Jul 2018 13:01 - 21 May 2019 06:18 #5 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic ADS-B
The Terra is the same transponder I have in my Ercoupe, it is a Mode C transponder, so you will just need ADS-B out which can be done by several different options including the Garmin GDL-82, or the uAvionic's SkyBeacon or TailBeacon. At least these are the cheaper of the options.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 May 2019 06:18 by Joey Shreve.

• Terrence O'Neill
31 Jul 2018 12:49 #6 by Terrence O'Neill
Replied by Terrence O'Neill on topic ADS-B
I just bought a 415 D, with a Terra TXTR250D transponder that is not installed yet. I fly VFR and use ForeFlight for Nav, with its weather, on my iPad..
If I have this transponder installed will it work for ADS-B, with my iPad and Foreflight?

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds