Breadcrumbs

New instrument panel

More
08 Nov 2021 19:13 #1 by Terry Reece
Replied by Terry Reece on topic New instrument panel
I’m in the same boat , going with a new blanc. Paper work required?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2021 22:09 - 13 Oct 2021 22:14 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic New instrument panel
Tim, No sweet... Some one ask about making instrument cut out. Here in Reno the guy that does my Power Coating does water jetting also He has done a right side Alon panel for me. It was fun to watch ...lays out on a computer then the jetting does as lay-out told it to do! Cut screw holes ,switches all of it .You want a flat screen just tell the computer what size and where. P.S. He is also a flyer 172 & 182
Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 22:14 by Warren Hampton.

More
13 Oct 2021 21:44 #3 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic New instrument panel
Warren,
I was actually addressing your comment.
Tim

More
13 Oct 2021 21:42 #4 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic New instrument panel
Chris,
Every time I look at that photo of your bird I start salivating.  That shine is amazing.  You’re right, weight must always be in the forefront of our minds when modifying the Coupes.  I plan to replace all instruments and engine gauges with 3 modern screens. I’m guessing I’ll reduce my weight by 15+ pounds.
Tim

More
13 Oct 2021 16:33 - 13 Oct 2021 17:08 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic New instrument panel
Two things I would like to you all to entertain about panel ...One is layout and two is weight. So many Coupes have bad lay-outs and overly stuffed with un- needed weight. Some try following the curvature of the top of the panel. Check out Coupe inst panels on the net see the good, the bad and the ugly.  How about adding 3 " down for more space radio and transponder Put switch like A2 and M10s or the Kenney Alon looking set-up.hard part is  removing tap ered pins on steering shaft. they need to be pressed out. I use a modified 3 inch C cramp cut and drilled to push the pin out with. # " C clamp Harbor freight $3.50 cutting and drilling 45 minutes
Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 17:08 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

More
06 Sep 2021 09:11 #6 by Chris Longfellow
Replied by Chris Longfellow on topic New instrument panel
I'm planning the process as well... refresh the panel, add back the glove boxes, and upgrade the avionics. I'm still determining if I can strip and repaint the existing panel ... or if I need to replace it with a new Univair blank panel.
Would be interested to know if anyone could recommend a shop to punch the avionic cut-outs, paint the panel, and add placards / labels.
... also wondering about the FAA approval / documents required.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds