Breadcrumbs

G-HARY

More
17 Jul 2024 18:41 #1 by Edward Woerle
Replied by Edward Woerle on topic G-HARY
Thanks! Just curious, and seeing as how there's a lot of water between us and I can't just go check out the airplane, it's nice to find someone who has had that opportunity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2024 00:58 #2 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic G-HARY
I was fortunate enough to spend some time with the owner of G-HARY last summer in Duxford England.
Jonathan told me that when he replaced the vacuum instruments with "glass" he kept the venturi tubes to retain the classic look of the aircraft. The aircraft serial number is A-188 and had/has a C90-14F. Not sure if that is the reason for no vacuum pump.
Jonathan wrote an excellent article in the April 2023 edition of Coupe Capers that detailed his extensive refurb of G-HARY. If you haven't read it, it is worth going back and taking a look. 
I took these two pictures of G-HARY last summer. Similar pictures are included in his article.
Happy Couping

Attachments:

More
11 Jul 2024 23:31 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic G-HARY

Matt, over my 64 years as a mechanic, over 50 years as an IA and over 20 as a DME, YES I do know where the vacuum comes from. I'm just asking because the Alon has a vacuum pump installed (normally), so wouldn't need venturis.

Ed

Before you asked, did you look under the panel to see what was hooked up and what wasn't? 

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
30 Jun 2024 14:16 #4 by Robert Baker
Replied by Robert Baker on topic G-HARY
Sounds like someone was too lazy to remove the venturi tubes after installing a vacuum pump. Maybe afraid of how to deal with the pain appearance following their removal? Not wanting to do the extra paperwork or re-do the W&B ?

More
28 Jun 2024 01:10 #5 by Edward Woerle
Matt, over my 64 years as a mechanic, over 50 years as an IA and over 20 as a DME, YES I do know where the vacuum comes from. I'm just asking because the Alon has a vacuum pump installed (normally), so wouldn't need venturis.

Ed

More
28 Jun 2024 01:05 #6 by Edward Woerle
This airplane is registered nd flown in England. Just wondering.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds