Breadcrumbs

TailbeaconX and AV-30

More
02 May 2024 23:16 #1 by Greg Harris
Replied by Greg Harris on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
Thx. Would love to see a photo of what you did if you have one. I currently have the wings off which would probably make it easier..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2024 20:14 - 02 May 2024 20:15 #2 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
UNDER is correct. But that doesn’t fit my flying mission. Also, I often don’t necessarily plan 12 hours out for Bravo penetration as I often fly to places on a whim. 

Also, flying to SNF a couple years ago I was amazed and a bit shocked at how many times aircraft blew past me at close range and much higher speed  and probably never saw me.  Before I had ADSB Out (and “in” via ForeFlight) I was not an advocate of ADSB. I thought like many that it was just another way to make ownership of a plane even more expensive. Now that I’ve been using it for over 4 years I won’t fly without it. Granted the other guy may not have ADSB-IN, but it does better my odds of being seen and avoided. 
Last edit: 02 May 2024 20:15 by Randy Branson. Reason: Misspelling

More
02 May 2024 20:04 #3 by Randy Branson
We put it on the last nose spar in the left wing. Works great there. 

More
02 May 2024 19:59 #4 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
If you have working mode-C transponder but no ADS-B and can get under B&C airspace you can penetrate the mode-C veil using an ADAPT, it is an email application for a FAA permission to enter the veil. Apply 12 hours prior to ETA to the veil, get an email back granting permission, checkin in with controlling airspace approach when nearing the veil and get a yes or no. They will ident you and give you a squawk code and basically flight follow you into your destination, under the airspace but inside the veil. See FAR/AIM or google FAA site for details and connecting links

More
02 May 2024 18:37 - 02 May 2024 18:39 #5 by Greg Harris
Replied by Greg Harris on topic TailbeaconX and AV-30
I got the TailBeaconX physically installed a few days ago and having the AV-30 wired up. I installed an OAT sensor and still need to install the Av-Mag. Where did you put it? I’ve been having trouble deciding.

Also, you probably saw that the Ercoupe Adapter needs extra work for the TailBeaconX vs TailBeacon. Had to cut the hole in tail bigger as well as the adapter. Shout out the fellow member Raymond Knox who has been an incredible help. 
Last edit: 02 May 2024 18:39 by Greg Harris.

More
02 May 2024 16:40 #6 by Randy Branson
I had a Narco 150 transponder and uAvionix SkyBeacon. The transponder started giving me problems of not holding squawk codes, the code would change mid flight and more than once I had to turn it off thus losing my ADSB out. I replaced it with another Narco 150 purchased at Sun and Fun 22. It lasted about a year and a half and it started showing two squawk codes (ghost code) at once. Fast forward; this year I upgraded to the TailbeaconX and an AV30C. uAvionix offers $1200 trade-in of upgrading.

Many airports in my area and areas I fly have transponder and Mode C requirements so I need them. I love the AV30/TailbeaconX combo. I also added the magnetrometer so I could have an accurate DG. I highly recommend the AV30C and TailbeaconX. I’m removing my current transponder and altitude encoder and shed a couple of pounds.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds