Breadcrumbs

CFI in the San Diego area

More
17 Jan 2023 22:15 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic CFI in the San Diego area
I would check out if the FAA does issue two control Certif. If they do, then you have something to show others you talk to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2023 21:56 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic CFI in the San Diego area
Robert, Rudder training is a must at some point, (my opin)... FAA or was it CAA issued a two control certificates' and may still do? I am not up on that stuff. There are some guys I know flew 150s until the instr. felt they had rudder contr down. and others that get flying in 3 contr later and Test in them. Would you want to test a second later on? Is the guy connect to a school? They want that A/c rental. Call Chuck Hall's at Ramona and talk to the guy at the flight school.760-789-8178.the person at the desk will give # for school.

More
05 Jan 2023 13:43 #3 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic CFI in the San Diego area
I spoke with John a couple months back. John did the annual on my plane earlier this year. He said he had a medical issue and was unsure when he would be recovered enough to go flying. I will try him again.

Are you in the San Diego area? If you want to go flying let me know. I am yet to go up in the plane since I purchased it in Sept.

More
05 Jan 2023 13:30 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic CFI in the San Diego area
You might try John Hammerstrand. He's listed in Coupe Capers under mechanics. He's also a CFI based at Gillespie but might commute down to Brown or might check out one of the CFI's you've contacted so they're comfortable without rudder pedals. Another avenue to check would be NAFI and see if any of their members would teach in your 'coupe. The FAA might be able to provide a list and you could check with the local FAAST team for leads. Unfortunately my CFI status is non-current so can't help with instruction.

More
04 Jan 2023 11:08 #5 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic CFI in the San Diego area
Im a student pilot with only 6hrs.

More
04 Jan 2023 09:48 #6 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic CFI in the San Diego area
Are you a student pilot or just looking for a checkout for insurance?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds