Breadcrumbs

A2A snubber or no snubber

More
28 Feb 2022 13:10 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic A2A snubber or no snubber
The snubber is always a source of spirited conversation. I will give you the sum total of my wisdom right here:

No snubber: this is how the airplane shipped originally. The nose wheel is out of the propeller blast and with the nose gear fairing it’s slipperier. On a crosswind takeoff you maintain lateral control longer as the nose comes up. It’s what Fred would do!

Snubber: airplane doesn’t look weird in flight. A bit less lateral control as the nose gets light on the ground. The guys at Safe Flight in Ohio told me Ercoupes with snubbers showed less firewall damage in extreme situations since the arm of the nose gear is less so a side load doesn’t push as hard on the engine mount.

My take is that as long as your takeoffs and landings are done well you will be fine either way.

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2022 12:49 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic A2A snubber or no snubber
Hello Don, 5644f is now with Vern. I have flown w/o and never saw much diff in speed or landing. Not enough to notice. Hope you are having fun with your new airplane!

More
13 Feb 2022 14:46 #3 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic A2A snubber or no snubber
I just overhauled the nosegear Oleo on my A2A and I left the cable snubber on. Cheers,

More
12 Feb 2022 14:13 #4 by Don Abbott
A2A snubber or no snubber was created by Don Abbott
There are many pros and cons about the nose gear snubber cable.  I always thought a little extra speed was acheived with the snubber and the airplane looks better in flight.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds