Breadcrumbs

Changing engine mount bushings

More
01 Jun 2024 21:00 #1 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic Changing engine mount bushings
The M10 service manual is a whopping 23 pages.  For comparison, the table of contents are: general information; ground handling, service & inspection; power plant; fuel system; flight controls; instruments; disassembly, corrosion control & painting; electrical system. 

The Mooney parts manual is well illustrated.  But Mooney changed the vast majority of the part numbers to their way/liking, and evidently Univair never had a real need to do a cross reference.  That one runs $28, and might be worth it for visual reference.  

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2024 18:09 #2 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Changing engine mount bushings
I didn't realize Univair had the Mooney service manual or parts manual. How many pages does the service manual have? The Alon manual only has 22 pages, and not all that detailed. I've used the Alon parts manuals available online (don't know if Univair has them, they don't on the web site) but as I said there are very few diagrams. The part numbers and descriptions are there though.

More
01 Jun 2024 17:45 #3 by Mike Then
Yes, the -41 and -43 sound correct.  The M10 service manual can be purchased at our dear friends at Univair.  I see they get $62 for it.  I've been thinking of getting the Alon parts and service manuals, just to help understand. I would think there is not too much difference in wording, other than the funny tail I have.  I have compared the A2 owners manual to the M10, and they are very similar.
Mike

More
01 Jun 2024 11:13 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Changing engine mount bushings
Mike- There is not a diagram but the Alon parts manual lists two AN6-41 and two AN6-43 bolts. That would correspond to your memory.

Where did you get a copy of the M10 service manual? That would make a nice supplement for the Alon "service manual" available from Univair.

John

More
01 Jun 2024 07:15 #5 by Mike Then
Martin-

Two people will help the process no doubt.  Suggest also looking at how the bolts look like before removing.  Meaning approximately how many threads are showing as currently torqued.  Note the location when you remove and measure for your knowledge.  The M10 parts manual calls for four AN6-41, but for some reason I thought I had two differ upper and lower sizes--I forget.  Regardless, then you will know what you have.  And don't use the M10 service manual torque specs, they must be for lord mounts.  Look at a previous post here that has the right specs (which I recall is the same for all ercoupes).  Enjoy!

Mike

More
01 Jun 2024 00:26 #6 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Changing engine mount bushings
Thank you Mike. This is exactly the information I needed to be confident to start the process. I fully expected it to fall into the PITA category. My hangar neighbor also has a 1966 Alon. We decided we would do both of our airplanes on the same weekend. More hands make light work or misery loves company. We will soon find out. It will be a coin toss to see which airplane we do first. Make all the mistakes on and not repeat on the second.
Thanks again Mike for the excellent information.
Cheers
Martin

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds