Breadcrumbs

Air Intake Pics Wanted

• Henry Pasquet
01 Jul 2019 10:46 #1 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
I understand that your control knobs are moving. Is that correct? I had a carb heat cable do the same thing. I gently pinched the spring like housing and cured the problem. Start slowly and gradually pinch harder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 10:19 #2 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
My Alon has cockpit air issues. If you close the outside air the pressure fairly quickly pushes the cable out and reopens the vent. If you open the cabin heat the pressure pulls that cable in and cuts off the heat. I end up taping them open or closed. I can’t find any cable friction adjustment to fix it.

• Henry Pasquet
03 Jun 2019 18:54 #3 by Henry Pasquet
I flew the Alon today and had to push the cabin air knob back in half way to reduce the airflow because I was getting cold. June in southern Missouri?

• Henry Pasquet
22 Aug 2018 10:17 - 23 Aug 2018 09:55 #4 by Henry Pasquet
I don't think that it spreads when full open, but I lost half of my rate of climb and 5-10 MPH at cruise. I will not go that route. The Snap Vents allow the air exit the cockpit without building up pressure and stopping the air flow. The fresh air can't get in if it can't get out, regardless of how many intakes there are.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2018 09:55 by Henry Pasquet. Reason: addition

More
22 Aug 2018 10:12 #5 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
Mine is 40 numbers after yours so they must have changed the ducting later in the production run. I noticed the lifting and spreading of the canopy at the rear corners and would prefer to keep it latched. Do you know if it does the same thing if fully opened? I haven't tried that yet (new owner).

• Henry Pasquet
22 Aug 2018 07:08 #6 by Henry Pasquet
6505Q. I have no air intakes on my wings. I did the canopy unlatched for airflow, but lost climb and cruise airspeed. It was noisy and tended to spread the canopy, making it harder to latch. I do not recommend the unlatched canopy.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds