Breadcrumbs

Air Intake Pics Wanted

More
21 Aug 2018 21:41 #7 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
just curious, what is your serial number? It seems as if the later models had an auxiliary intake on the wing(s) with separate ducting. I've found that if I don't latch the rear of the canopy the airflow is markedly increased (but keep below the 100 mph "open" limitation).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
19 Aug 2018 20:33 #8 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
From the firewall. The side vents are for the salesman to sell airplanes, not for pilot comfort. Almost all the air comes from the firewall and blows directly on your lap. At 10.5 MPH, the cockpit air is being rapidly replaced. The Snap Vents will also pull hot air into the cockpit in the winter.

More
19 Aug 2018 16:10 #9 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
Thanks, I saw that information in the general section. Do the supply tubes for your side vents connect to the mixer box on the firewall that is fed from the nose scat tube or from a separate intake on the wing?

• Henry Pasquet
19 Aug 2018 07:51 #10 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Air Intake Pics Wanted
I had mine checked at the last annual. It was full of muddobbers at the firewall. With all in order, very little air comes through the side vents. I had snap vents installed under the cockpit to exhaust the air, rather than it being plugged up in the cockpit. I recorded 10.5 MPH air flow by the throttle in-flight. It is cool now. The information is in the general area.

More
18 Aug 2018 18:19 #11 by John Jones
Air Intake Pics Wanted was created by John Jones
I'm interested in what the fresh air intakes that are the source for the dash vents look like. My A2 has the scat tubes to those vents connected to the mixer box on the firewall that is fed from the small nose opening. Very little air flows out of the vents as the mix box has two open holes that allow the air to blow into the footwell (path of least resistance). Univair indicates they don't have the parts so I'm wondering if that is something that can be "owner provided". John

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds